Spencer Hilligoss is an active syndicator, real estate investor, and executive leader. He leads business development, operations, and investor relations for Madison Investing.
Spencer is a technology leader with a 13-year track record of building high-performing teams across five companies - three of them, software "unicorns" - valued at more than $1B. He built and led the origination teams for LendingHome and led their Professional Development group.
Spencer is a member of the 2021 Forbes Real Estate Council and a Registered Representative of Growth Capital Services, member FINRA, SIPC.
- I introduce and welcome our guest, Spencer Hilligoss
- What's keeping him busy these days
- Congratulating Spencer with his recently acquired broker's license
- Spencer talks about his journey to reach where he is today
- He shares his background
- Spencer shares his perspective on financial offense and financial defense
- Taking action and inaction
- How he found himself joining the Silicon Valley Tech Industry and taking up leadership roles
- The FOUR factors/steps in working at a tech company in Silicon Valley
- Spencer shares his insights on coaching programs
- Spencer talks about why he transitioned to a different career
- Spencer shares the story behind Madison Investing
- He mentions what it's like starting a business with his spouse
- He talks about what they do in Madison Investing
- How they find and vet deals and take care of their investors
- Spencer's take on the passive path to financial freedom
- The biggest mistake real estate investors make
- What would you say is the most contrarian investment you've made?
- Buying precious metals
- What's your favorite activity to do with your friends and family outside of work?
- Going to the park with my kids
- What actions, whether within work or family, offer you the most fulfillment in life?
- Hearing feedback from people that you have made a positive impact on
- Get in touch with Spencer. See the links below.
"I'm the anti-empire guy. What I want is full financial autonomy, geographical autonomy. I wanna be the best dad possible, the best husband possible, and live life on our terms." – Spencer Hilligoss
"Before you pay money to a person who's going to be educating you, take the time to ensure they actually have done the thing they are about to educate you on." – Spencer Hilligoss
"The single biggest mistake that real estate investors particularly make…is they breeze right by the notion that you have to pick the right strategy." – Spencer Hilligoss
LEAVE A REVIEW + help the podcast grow by sharing it with your friends, family, or someone in need.
Think Different. Earn Different. Live Fulfilled.
Let’s stay Contrarian!